Suffice it to say that I crave these times with the Lord, away from all the distractions that drag me around day after day. I begin my walks talking to Jesus about anything and everything that is on my mind, but inevitably run out of things to say and find myself sitting in silence, just listening.
And do you know what I hear?
I've found that I hear it every time I quiet my soul and listen, but for some reason it wasn't until tonight that I realized that it is always echoing, for me and for anyone else who will stop and listen, if only we'd slow down.
So as I sat on some train tracks and watched the mountain skyline grow dark, I wrote something down to capture this revelation. I almost didn't share it here because it still seems so raw and intimate - something that I wrote in the moment and didn't intend for anyone else - but on my walk home I felt like someone else might need to hear it too.
So here it is. I pray that God will speak to you through it.
________________________________________________________________________
Always.
If
you’d just sit and listen,
you’d hear it.
Sounding
more like a heartbeat
than a voice.
Or,
if a voice,
more like an undying whisper.
If
you’d just sit and listen,
you’d hear it.
It’s a rhythm echoing through eternity,
pulsing
through every being,
Billowing
through the skies like a wintry breath,
slipping
through every cracked and broken heart.
It is the heartbeat,
the whisper,
of Immanuel.
So
quiet yourself.
Sit
still and listen.
With
every beat it becomes more substantial,
more permanent.
I
love you. I love you. I love you.
I
have always loved you.
No comments:
Post a Comment